DIFFICULTY : SIMPLE COOK TIME 5 MINUTES SERVES: 4
Inspired by a classic Salade Niçoise and fresh Windset produce. This salad makes for a perfect, filling summer lunch.
The Arthritic Benefits of Tomatoes
Loading the player...Arthritis - the health benefits of tomatoes <p><a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/rheumatologist"> Rheumatologist</a>, and a <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician">Registered Dietician</a>, and a Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of <a href="https://smartfood-now.com/tomatoes-family-smart-food-now">tomatoes</a> in relation to arthritis management.</p>
Windset Farms Tuna Nicoise Salad Cooking Video
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Tuna Niçoise Salad Chef Dana Reinhardt from Windset Farms® makes Tuna Niçoise Salad.Chef Dana Reinhardt from Windset Farms® makes Tuna Niçoise Salad.
Windset Farms Tuna Nicoise Salad
- 2 cans Albacore tuna
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup Concerto® Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ½ Fresco® Long English Cucumber, chopped
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and halved
- 1 cup baby potatoes, boiled and chopped
- 1/3 cup Niçoise olives
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make the dressing, whisk Dijon mustard, shallot, salt, honey and red wine vinegar together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, toss tuna with 3 tbsp. of the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad greens, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, eggs and olives among four plates and drizzle with the dressing.
- Top with the tuna mixture and serve.